Friday, December 4, 2009

Call it the blogger’s curse

How often have we seen this happen – A commentator claims a batsman is looking good for much more and the next ball he gets out. If that is the quintessential commentator’s curse, I am bitten by a blogger’s curse now. Not too long ago I wrote about Dhoni’s yet to be proven ability as a quality test batsman (although I admitted that he would in all probability go on to set his record straight in future) and he’s already scored a couple of hundreds in this series! And a couple of blogs back I also wrote about Bhajji’s lack of penetration and why Ojha should be picked ahead of him and today as I am watching the second innings of SL live, I think I have to eat my words – he’s bowling beautifully today. But knowing Bhajji’s lack of focus, I would still dare to put my money on him not sustaining this penetration in his bowling for too long…I hope I am proven wrong again!

There’s so much to write about Sehwag. I am waiting for the sheer brilliance of that innings to sink in...

No comments:

Post a Comment